The Hosta is the Best Plant for Your Garden
Instead of replacing your plants every season, the Hosta is definitely the best plant with the lowest maintenance. Great as an all year round plant; the Hosta can be grown in the garden or be potted to decorate your yard, living for many years, continuing to grow bigger and better with time!
These plants are very low maintenance, needing little to no sun depending on the specific type you desire. The deeper blue and green Hosta’s are better for decorating shaded areas and the golden yellows and white Hosta’s desire a little more sun and have thicker and more textured leaves.
Hosta’s are able to be planted during both spring and summer and sometimes into the autumn seasons. As long as the ground can be worked with, the Hosta will be able to grow and flourish. Each year they will continue to grow, reaching anywhere from a few inches to multiple feet, reaching their full growth up to 10 years after planting.
Finally, the Hosta is easy to accent with many other plants but perform best with planted with other perennials in prepared beds.
So go out and plant your Hosta’s for a beautiful, low maintenance garden!
You may also be interested in ...
- 5 Flowering Plants That Grow Well in the Shade
- Plant Some Fun In Your Gardens
- Choosing plants for your balcony
- Planting for Privacy: 3 Fast-Growing Trees
- Freshen up your garden with easy pops of colour
- All about rooftop gardens
- Keeping your garden looking good in the fall
- 5 ways to get your garden ready for spring now
- Plan Now For a New Spring Garden
- Growing an edible garden in a small space pays big!