Plank-Grilled Potato Skins
Serve with additional barbecue sauce on the side
Yields: 12-36 servings
Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Grill Time: 20 minutes
• 1 -2 cedar planks, soaked overnight
• 6 baking potatoes
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup rib rub
• 1 cup barbecue sauce
• 8 slices bacon, diced, fried crisp and wrapped in paper towel
• 1/2 cup shredded old orange cheddar cheese
• 3-4 green onions, chopped
1. Boil or bake potatoes until tender. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out flesh (reserve for another use), leaving a ¼ to ½ inch shell.
2. Preheat grill to medium high or 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Cut each potato shell lengthwise into 3-5 wedges. Rub both sides of wedges with olive oil. Sprinkle with rib rub and place skins on pre-soaked planks.
4. Set planks on the grill, close lid and grill-roast for 10-12 minutes.
5. Generously brush wedges with barbecue sauce. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
6. Grill another 3-5 minutes, or until cheese has melted and the edges of skins are crispy. Remove from grill and garnish with chopped green onions.
7. Serve immediately from the plank with additional barbecue sauce on the side.