Gluten-Free Pasta for a Light Springtime Meal
What better way to celebrate the arrival of spring this month, than with a beautiful vegetable pasta dish?
The medley of roasted garlic, cherry tomatoes, and Portobello mushroom creates a light creamy sauce, rich in flavour.
This recipe is ideal for a busy weeknight. Just toss the fresh ingredients into a skillet, and in no time at all it will be ready to pour over a hot bowl of spaghetti noodles.
To round this meal off perfectly, a nice glass of light Sicilian wine would be ideal. A favourite pairing of mine, for tomato-garlic pastas, is Cusumano Nero D'Avola Terre Siciliane for its cherry and plum flavours and medium finish.
Tomato Garlic Gluten-Free Spaghetti with Portobello Mushrooms and Arugula
● 450g gluten-free spaghetti pasta
● 1/3 cup butter
● 1 pint cherry tomatoes
● 1 cup packed arugula, ripped into small pieces
● 1 Portobello mushroom, sliced and chopped roughly
● 3 cloves of garlic
● 1/4 teaspoon salt
● 1/4 teaspoon pepper
● Follow package directions to prepare pasta.
● Drain and return to pot.
● Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high. Cook garlic for 2 minutes. Add in mushroom, cooking for 2-3 minutes. Finally add in the cherry tomatoes, cook until softened (around 4-5 minutes).
● Remove (or keep if you prefer) cooked cloves of garlic.
● Pour the sauce over the pasta pot.
● Add in the arugula, salt and pepper to taste.
● Serves 4