Mike Ward’s Double Cheese “Bliss” Burger Recipe
This no-apologies mouth-watering monster will both soothe and satiate your palate and soul.
- Ground Angus beef (don’t go too lean)
- Bun (or roll of choice)
- Brie or Camembert cheese
- Mushrooms (No need to get fancy ones)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Korean BBQ sauce (any BBQ sauce will do)
Pre-heat grill pan, BBQ or fry pan. Form beef into 2 (approx.) 6-oz patties; create a dent in the middle with your thumb so they don’t swell as they cook. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Grill patties to taste. (I like my burgers medium).
In a fry pan, add splash of olive oil, chopped onions and mushrooms and salt. Fry until they colour and soften. Add a splash of soy and balsamic - just enough to de-glaze the pan. Let reduce for another minute or two (until liquid thickens and almost disappears).
Toast bun lightly, add patty then cheese, then patty then cheese. Top with onion/mushroom & BBQ sauce/ketchup. Eat. Nap.
You may also be interested in ...
- BLUE CHEESE, GARLIC & THYME POTATO GRATIN
- Surf N Turf Nachos
- Salmon & Quinoa Burger with Caper Mayo
- Steak, Slaw & Honey Mustard Sliders
- Cheesy Rosemary Gluten-Free Crackers and Cranberry Cheeseball
- Sweeten Your Next Holiday Gathering With These Butter Tart Sugar Cookies
- Curtis Stone’s Roasted Pork Belly with Applesauce