7 Tips on How to Decorate Your Home for Christmas
‘Tis the Season and yes all of us are now in Holiday mode. Christmas is a special time of year, but it can also be hectic as there is so much going on: work, Holiday parties, shopping, looking after the kids, and decorating. HOSS Magazine has some great tips on how you can decorate your home while having lots fun too.
Get creative with lanterns: You can place lanterns throughout your home and fill them with ornaments or candles. Lanterns look great anywhere in the house and they give that cozy-wintery look that’s perfect for the Holiday Season.
Experiment with colours: Sure, we all know traditional holiday colours are green and red, but this season go against the grain a bit and have fun with decorating schemes. Try to incorporate others colours like gold and white throughout the home for that extra-special touch.
Create a banner for your mantel: If you have a fireplace then the mantel is an ideal spot for decorations. So, use paper or fabric and make your own banner to give your main room a real homemade touch. You can also decorate your mantel with candles and a variety of ornaments.
Decorate with old Christmas cards: Are you one to collect Christmas cards from years past? If so, put them to use and make a holiday collage, or hang them up throughout your home.
Candles brighten up rooms: If you want to bring more Holiday-life to your spaces, then purchase candles in different sizes, shapes and colours, and then place them throughout your home.
Get a wreath for your door: When it comes to wreaths, the sky is the limit and they don’t always have to be green. Add in some pine cones, berries, and ribbon to give it that natural look.
Get a Christmas tree: Sure, this is a given, and having a Christmas tree (big or small) brings life to any room. And there really aren’t any rules when it comes to decorating your tree. So, load up on the ornaments and lights and get creative.
You may also be interested in ...
- Holiday Lights Can Set the Mood of Your Home
- Holiday wreaths, mantels, tables are fun excuses to try new décor ideas.
- Make Holiday Drinks More Special
- Quick and Easy Holiday Decorating
- Create a Perfect Holiday Table with Janette Ewen
- Sweeten Your Next Holiday Gathering With These Butter Tart Sugar Cookies
- Join us for our annual #Holidayswiththemcgs twitter chat
- Christmas Cheesecake to Celebrate
- A HOSSome Christmas!
- A Chevigny Christmas
- Barn Board Mason Jar Sign Classic Christmas Craft
- 5 Ways to Cut the Clutter this Christmas
- Charming items to warm your hearth this fall